Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from the Broke and Bookish that inspires booklover to create lists of bookish things. Check them out here.
- The smell of books – you know exactly what I mean! I confess to being a serial book sniffer, they just smell so good!
- Seeing someone on a bus reading a book you love – There is nothing like seeing someone else enjoying one of your hobbies. I do sometimes struggle not to pounce on them and fangirl or to warn them about the ending!
- Being able to fangirl with others about books – It’s just so great to share your passions with others and this applies to books too.
- Lending a book to a friend and sharing the love – Recently I’ve lent a whole pile of books to a friends and now she’s eagerly awaiting the next book in the series from me. It’s so nice to have someone to talk to when it comes to your faves.
- Receiving a mysterious book shaped parcel – Sometimes I arrive home from school and there’s a parcel I’m not expecting from a publisher and it completely makes my day!
- Wearing fandom merch proudly in public – Often this can be a great conversation starter. The number of conversations I’ve had about Harry Potter due to my Gryffindor t-shirts is amazing.
- Being able to read an entire book in one sitting – There is something so satisfying about being able to read a book all in one go without any interruptions. It’s so beautiful.
- Attending a bookish event with other bookworms – This is the ultimate way to make new bookish friends. I’ve been to a whole range of bookish events and I’ve loved every single one of them.
- Getting a book you preordered ages ago. – Sometimes I preorder books so early in advance I forget they’re even coming so they are such a nice surprise and make me super grateful to past Emily.
- Being part of the book blogging community – How could I not mention this? This must be my greatest bookworm delight, being part of a lovely community that loves books as much as I do.