I was tagged for this by Shari at YA Book Monster so thank you very much to her! You should go check out her blog if you haven’t already and then return to see my answers to this tag.
- How long have you been a blogger?
I’ve been a blogger for over a year and a half now. I started in June of 2014 on a whim and I’ve honestly surprised myself that I’m still here and, more importantly still loving it!
- At what point do you think you will stop? Honestly, I don’t know, but I hope I never stop. I love book blogging so much, so the only reason I can think of stopping would be if I stopped enjoying it, but at the moment, I don’t think that’s going to happen anytime soon.
- What is the best thing?
The best thing about blogging has to be the people you meet and all the fangirling you get to do with people who truly understand and share your passion – books! The friends I’ve made are great and I now can’t imagine life without this bookish outlet.
- What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
The worst thing I find is the pressure I put on myself and when I look at other people’s blogs and feel like my blog is terrible in comparison to theirs. Sometimes I find it hard to remember I should blog for me and not for others. Then I get a lovely tweet or comment which reminds me that people enjoy reading my blog and I should be proud of it.
- How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
Not that long, as I don’t use that many pictures in my posts. I take some myself, use pictures of covers easily found on Google or use gifs. I don’t really edit my pictures that I take, so none of these options take much time.
- Who’s your book crush?
Book crush, singular? How do you expect me to answer that one? All of my other book boyfriends would be hurt I didn’t pick them. To make it easier on myself, I’m going to pick my book crush from the books I’ve read so far in 2016 and that would have to be Arin from the Winner’s Curse.
- What author would you like to have on your blog?
The obvious answer is J.K. Rowling because that lady is amazing but failing that I’d love to have Marie Rutkowski as I love her Winner’s Crime series and I can’t wait for the next book. I’m dying to see what happens!
- What do you wear when you write your blog?
Baring in mind I usually blog in the morning on a weekend or in the evening, I pretty much always wear my pyjamas, usually one of my many Harry Potter sets of Pjs.
- How long does it take you to prepare? At the moment, not that long, since I’m quite a last minute person, however I am trying to get better by taking more of my own pictures of books, although I feel as if there is a lot of pressure as lots of people take truly beautiful photos. I’m also trying to make sure I schedule more posts and that my posts are aesthetically pleasing as well as interesting to read.
- How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?
99% of the time I absolutely adore the book blogging community as it is full of really nice and supportive people who I just love so much! Sometimes there is a bit of unpleasantness in the community which is a shame, but generally it is a great group of people to be friends with.
- What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
It sounds really cliché and cheesy but be yourself. The blogs that are my favourite are those which have a clear and unique voice to them. Don’t feel pressurised to do what others do or change your blog. You have to blog, first of all, for yourself and secondly for your readers
- Who do you tag?