Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme ran by the Broke and Bookish and is great fun. If you don’t already, you should try it out.
1. The Fault in our Stars
I’m sure you all know why, I absolutely loved this book, however it was so heartbreakingly beautiful. I cried so much.
The ending! What was that? It was most definitely not okay. (TFIOS reference) Other than the ending, i just found I didn’t like this what as much as the others.
3. The City of Heavenly Fire
I was just sad to say goodbye to everyone in the TMI series. After 6 books I was pretty attached. And the bit with Simon. OMG! Plot twist and a half much?
4. Before I die
Another sad yet beautiful book about cancer. Even though I didn’t enjoy this as much as TFIOS, it was still really sad.
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
So many deaths. I not only had my soul crushed into tiny pieces by all the deaths, I also had to say goodbye to Harry and his friends for the last time. There were many tears shed.
Like the last Harry Potter, this book contained the deaths of much loved characters and made me say goodbye to Katniss, Peeta and everyone else.
7. Noughts and Crosses
I think this was the first book I read where one of the main characters died. I wasn’t expecting it and it really made me cry
8. Pushing the limits
I absolutely adores this book, but it did deal with some very difficult and emotional issues throughout, making it hard to read at times. The characters were great and really contributed to the overall greatness of the story.
Despite how hard some of these were to read, I would really recommend all of these books. Some of them are even my favourites.
Thank you so much to my lovely blogging buddy Gwenkate at GwenKate’s Library. Her blog is awesome, so if you haven’t already, go check it out!
The requirements for the nomination:
1.) Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2.) List the rules and display the award.
3.) Add 7 facts about yourself.
4.) Nominate 15 other bloggers (or as many as you can) and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.) Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Ummm, seven facts. That’s tricky! I’m not the most interesting person…
1) My birthday is the 31st of December, New Year’s Eve! This is awesome in some ways and sucky in others. A bonus is that I’m always on holiday, however a negative is it means my birthday and Christmas aren’t spread out, so I receive all my books at one time.
2) If I was reincarnated as an ice cream flavour I think it would be Phish food, by Ben and Jerry’s. On the outside it is dark and quite simple, but on the inside it has unexpected swirls and chunks of goodness. I’m not the quiet nerd that I look like on the outside, I am a nerd yes, but I am sassy and loud.
3) I own 2 signed copies of books on my bookshelf., Heir of Fire By Sarah J. Maas and City of Heavenly Fire By Cassandra Clare. I love to proudly showcase them to my book lover friends.
4) I’m a really messy person you should see my room! My bookshelves were originally in alphabetical by author’s surname, but now have random piles of read and unread books on them. My desk is covered in books, papers and post it notes. I really should get more organised!
5) Shops I love (other than bookshops) include Paperchase, WH Smiths, Bath and Body Works, H & M, Hollister and Aero. I do love shopping with my friends in town, however I do a lot of my shopping online nowadays via Amazon, especially when it’s something I need.
6) I currently have glasses and braces (stereotypical nerd much?) I wear my glasses almost all the time, and I will need to continue to do so. I will have braces for two years or hopefully less!
7) I find it really difficult to come up with facts about myself!
This time I am not going nominate anyone as I have just done an award, but I am going to say every blog I follow deserves this award. So if I do follow you and you have yet to receive this award, count this as your nomination.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish. So today’s top ten Tuesday topic is top ten books on my fall (or autumn if you’re British like me) TBR List. This is really tricky because my TBR list is never ending. So I’ve just picked 10 books I want to read soon.
1. To Kill A Mockingbird By Harper Lee
2. The Infinite Sea By Rick Yancey
3. The Book Thief By Markus Zusak
4. Heir of Fire By Sarah J. Maas (I can’t belive I haven’t read this yet!)
5.Numbers By Rachel Ward
7. Tempest By Julie Cross
8. Persuasion By Jane Austen
9. Pretties By Scott Westerfield
10. A Discovery of Witches By Deborah Harkness
Brin at Brin’s Book Blog nominated me. Thanks so much to her! I’m so proud, my second blogging award ever. If you haven’t already, go check her blog out. It’s really cool.
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten people.
1. Who is your favourite Disney villain?
After watching the film Malificent, I would have to say her. Her backstory was so interesting and you didn’t see her as the villain at all. It was a refreshing change.
2. Tea or coffee drinker?
Tea, definitely! My mum often jokes that I need coffee in a morning, however I only drink tea. One cup in the morning and one in the evening, if I can help it.
3. What animal would be your spirit animal?
Hmmm, tricky one. My first instinct would be a sloth, but I’m not THAT lazy. Maybe a manatee, they just kinda float around. Very cool creatures.
4. What are your favourite TV shows?
I love Arrow (I totally ship Olicity), Marvel Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D., Downton Abbey, The Last Ship and I’m looking forward to the new series The Flash.
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t really have any celebrity crushes, most of my crushes are fictional characters. (BOOK NERD ALERT!)
6. What is your favourite childhood book?
My favourite childhood books were Milly Molly Mandy and Malory Towers. I absolutely adored them as a child and have kept my copies of the book to give to my future children.
7. Would you prefer to have the ability to fly or the ability to turn invisible?
The ability to turn invisible, imagine all the cool things you’d be able to do. I’m thinking Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak.
8. What’s your favourite song at the moment?
9. In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
That’s a very interesting question, I’ve never really thought about it. Dodgeballs, I reckon. Those things are lethal, my friends and I have nicknamed dodgeball deathball.
10. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
Malificent. I haven’t been to the cinema in absolutely ages. But I do want to go and see If I Stay and Maze Runner.
My Questions are:
If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
If you were reincarnated as an ice cream flavour, what would it be?
What would you name the autobiography of your life?
Who is your hero?
What’s you favourite knock-knock joke?
You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would it be and what question?
What’s your dream holiday?
What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Do you like to sing in the shower?
When you were little, what did you want to be?
I want to nominate:
Gwen at Gwenkate’s Library (my blogging buddy!)
Sorry it’s a bit late, but better late than never. Right?
Dear Dream Reader,
Have you read Heir of Fire yet? No. I haven’t either. I want to though, I even have a signed copy! I know right, I really must read it soon. I’ve just been in a bit of a reading slump, I haven’t read a book in an entire week. Terrible, huh? Well, in my defence I have been really busy. So much stuff to do. Hopefully this weekend will set me back on track. One can always hope. I plan to start and continue reading a book. I’m not sure what book yet though, it should be Heir of Fire, but I think I need to reread Crown of Midnight first. So I might read Anna and the French Kiss, I’ve heard many great things about it. Anna and the French Kiss, that sounds like a plan. Let’s do this! You will not defeat me TBR pile. I will be victorious! (Actually that’s unlikely but..)
Anyways let’s talk about the kilt wearing elephant in the room, Scotland. Poor Scotland, still not independent. I do feel bad for Scotland in a way, though personally I am glad Scotland is still in Great Britain. Have you seen what the flag would look like without Scotland? Also I’m really not sure what currency Scotland would have used as Great Britain weren’t going for letting them keep the pound, so tartan perhaps or maybe sheep?
Moving on from Scotland’s failed rebellious stage, Harry Potter. I am going to participate in a meme, Harry Potter Moment of the Week by Uncorked Thoughts. I’m really excited about this, I am going to complete it on a Friday to celebrate the weekend!
That’s all for now! Thanks for reading my random rambles.
Love, Em X
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
1. Rick Yancey – The 5th Wave
2. Kerstin Gier – Ruby Red
3. Katie McGarry – Pushing the limits
4, Scott Westerfield – Uglies
5. Lauren DeStefano – Wither
6. Teri Terry – Slated
7. Jennifer L. Armentrout – Obsidian
8. Shelly Crane – Significance
9. Gayle Forman – If I stay
Oops, I didn’t quite reach ten, because most authors I have read at least two of their books.
Even though I have been blogging for about three months now, I have decided to participate in Blogging 101 because I thought it would be a great experience. And I was right! I have already met some really nice people and got some great advice.
Anyway I’m getting distracted. Today’s post is titled ‘Introduce Yourself’, but most of you already know me. So I thought I’d answer some of the questions on today’s task post.
Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
I guess to give myself the motivation to keep going and also you can’t accidently (or intentionally depending on how much you like it) throw away a blog like you can a journal.
What topics do you think you’ll write about?
As iamthinker19 pointed out, it’s pretty obvious what I am obsessed with. Books! That’s mainly what I will be posting on, though I may cover some other topics.
Who would you love to connect with via your blog?
Other people who are as nerdy as me. People who are not afraid to be excited about stuff they love. I am particularly interested in connecting with book lovers.
If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
Hopefully I will be confident in and proud of my writing as well as having made lots of great blogging buddies. Fingers crossed!
Voila! Today’s book haul. Today I went to the most amazing second hand bookstore called Barter Books. There, you could take your old books and exchange them for credit to buy new books with. I took 11 old books and came home with 5 new books. I was well impressed! Barter books is in Alnwick, England and has a website which can be found here. If you can, I would definitely recommend you go.
- Half Bad By Sally Green
- Tempest By Julie Cross
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians By Rick Riordan (a replacement copy since I lost it.)
- Numbers By Rachel Ward
- The Magician’s Guild By Trudi Canavan
My friend and I bought Numbers together and we intend to pass it around our group of friends, with each person making notes in the margin in a different colour pen as they read. It should be so cool by the end.
The other book I received this week was Heir of Fire By Sarah J. Maas which I can’t wait to read. What makes it even more exciting is the fact that I got a signed copy! Eeeeek!
I am so pleased, I have reached 50 followers (actually 51 but..) I would just like to thank every single person who followed me. You have no idea absolutely how much this means to me. I never really thought anyone would be interested in what I have to say. Have a virtual piece of cake. Yes, you! You know you want to…
Another thing that is really exciting is my blog has been viewed by people in 27 countries. How cool is that! It’s so weird when I get notifications in the middle of the night, because some of you guys are awake in your respective countries blogging.
Thanks again to everyone who follows me! You’re all knowledge ninjas, like me!
- Finding Sky By Joss Stirling
- Assassin’s Blade By Sarah J. Maas
- Angelfall By Susan Ee
- Prince of Wolves By Quinn Loftis
- Pushing the limits By Katie McGarry
- Time Riders By Alex Scarrow
- Poison Study By Maria V. Snyder
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer By Michelle Hodgkin
- Slated By Teri Terry
- Starcrossed By Josephine Angelini